Today, I have some eggplant salad. Well I would say this is just a twist on good old Badanekayi Gojju . It is just jazzed up a bit and served in a fancy way.
Eggplant 1 (the giants one)
Peanut oil 2 tsp (divided)
Peanuts 3 tbsp (about a handful)
Green chillies 2-3 (chopped)
Grape tomatoes 4-5 chopped
Ginger 1" (grated)
Soy sauce 1-2 tsp
Juice of one lemon
Fresh Coriander a handful (chopped)
Romaine lettuce 1
- Slice the eggplants into 1/4" discs. Heat a skillet with about 1/2 tsp of oil. Saute the eggplant slices, if necessary in batches. Remove once it is soft.
- In a separate skillet, toast the peanuts and remove from heat once fragrant. Set it aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the green chillies, ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice, grape tomatoes and fresh coriander.
- Chop the cooled eggplants into bite size pieces. Crush the cooled peanuts.
- Stir the eggplants, the green chillies mixture and peanuts. Check taste and adjust salt-lemon juice. Sit this mixture for a few hours.
- Clean the lettuce and shred the into large pieces.
- Place the lettuce on serving platter and fill the lettuce with spoonfuls of eggplant mixture. Serve immediately.