Kabuli Channa (cooked) 3.5 cups
Onion medium (fine chopped)
Garlic cloves 3 (grated)
Ginger 1" (grated)
Peanut oil 4 tbsp
Jeera 1/4 tsp
Bay leaf 2
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp (adjust according to taste)
Dhania powder 2 tsp
Cumin powder 2 tsp
Yogurt 3 tbsp
Tomatoes 2 (pureed)
Coconut milk 4-5 tbsp
Green chillies 2 slit
Coriander a handful shredded
Garam masala a pinch
- Heat oil in a wok. Throw in the Jeera, bay leaf, cardamon and cinnamon.
- Throw in the onions and saute till brown. Once the onion is brown, throw in the garlic and ginger. Saute till fragrant about 30 sounds.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, dhania powder and cumin powder.
- Stir in the yogurt cook till the oil separates. Pour the tomato puree and cook till the masala is fragrant.
- Add the channa, coconut mik about 3-4 cups of water. Bring it to a boil. Simmer till the curry comes together.
- Adjust salt and finish with green chillies, coriander and garam masala. Serve hot with rice or roti.