I had a gallon of milk left over from the previous week. I turned it into Panner. Just that the home made Panner is not as sturdy as the ones off the store shelf. But the crumbled Panner was just as good in this dish. It is a take on the Panner Burji.
Panner 1.5 cups (crumbled or chopped coarsely)
Ghee 1 tbsp
Mustard 1/4 tsp
Jeera 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
Onion 1 medium chopped
Tomato 1 medium chopped
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp (more if preferred)
Dhania powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Capscium / Bell peppers 2 medium
Milk 1/4 cup
Garam Masala 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Lime juice to taste
Coriander fresh a handful
- Heat ghee in a Kadai. Throw in the mustard, Jeera and the fennel seeds. Once they crackle, throw in the onions, saute till the onions are soft.
- Throw in the chilli powder, dhania powder and turmeric. Saute till the spices are fragrant.Throw in the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Throw in the bell peppers and saute for a few minutes. Throw in the Panner. Mix everything gently.
- Pour in the milk, add garam masala and simmer till the favors combine.
- Adjust salt, lime juice and coriander. Serve with Rotis.