Mom has a practice of making Pacchadi at lunch time during summers. It is cooling and soothing as well. She made some the other day even though this is no summer. I am still off yogurt. But the rest of the family enjoyed it.
We will need
Beetroot 2 big chopped
Yogurt 1 cup
Oil 2 tsp
Mustard 1/4 tsp
Garlic 2 cloves crushed
Curry leaves a handful
Green Chillies 2 slit length wise
Fresh Coriander chopped
- Beat yogurt till smooth and creamy. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Drop the mustard. Once it stops spluttering, add the garlic, saute till fragrant. Follow it with Chillies
- Drop the curry leaves. Follow it with the chopped beetroot.
- Cook till the beetroot is cooked but still not mushy. Remove from fire. Cool completely
- Before serving, stir in the yogurt. Adjust salt, garnish with fresh coriander and serve at room temperature.