After all the wonderful food and the warm sunlit days, we are back to our normal routine. But the good news is the holidays are just round the corner and I am already humming the holiday tunes...Yeh yeah...Santa is already in town. I got to get down to baking! Got some pumpkin and cheese will see how my cheesecake turns out to be. Till then it is just some Ragi Dosa
We will need,
Urad Dal 1 cup
Ragi Flour 2.5 cups
Fenugreek Seeds 2 tsp
Koshar Salt to Taste
Ghee to cook the Dosa.
- Soak the Urad Dal and fenugreek seeds for at least four hours. Then Grind it into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the Ragi flour and salt. Set it in a warm place to ferment overnight. Sometimes fermentation requires about 13-15 hours, as it does in the New England region during the Winters. Just that with fermentation the volume of the batter should increase.
- At this point the batter stores well in the refrigerator for a week.
- To prepare Dosa, preheat a skillet. Pour a ladle full of batter right at the center of the skillet and spread it in a circular action starting from the center, fanning out to the edge of the skillet.
- Dab some ghee /butter/ oil on the dosa and cover it with a lid for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the Dosa is cooked it comes off the skillet pretty easily. Serve hot with some coconut chutney.