I have had my fair share of Dhaba on Tumkur Road, Mysore Road....Wonder if there still are any left. They do serve amazing food...hot rotis, naans straight out of the oven and of course stuff like Tomato masala, Dal fry, Capsicum masala, Kofta curries.. I am drooling even as I type!!
I have not been to a Dhaba in quite some time. But my sister had the opportunity of visiting one and she came back with a new recipe..Egg Chilli. I tried it and it was tasty.
Hard Boiled Eggs 4 cut into half
Red Onion 1 small chopped
Ginger Paste 1/4 tsp
Garlic Paste 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies 2 chopped
Green Coriander chopped
Corn Starch 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Soya Sauce to taste
Peanut Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Toss the eggs with some salt , soya sauce and corn starch.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and pan-fry the eggs till golden in colour. Remove and drain it on a paper towel
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Drop the onion, garlic and ginger, saute for a few minutes.
- Toss in the green chillies and then the fried eggs. Toss well.
- Splash in some Soya sauce and fresh coriander. And serve immediately.