This is one such dish. We had it as a side dish the other day.
We will need,
Potatoes 1/2 lb cubed
Olive oil 1/4 C
Chilly Powder 1 tsp (adjust according to taste)
Capsicum 1 medium diced
Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
Garlic 1 clove diced up fine.
Vinegar 2 tbsp
Pepper to taste
Mint leaves a handful
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed saute pan.
- Toss in potatoes. Coat well with oil and saute it on medium high heat till they are browned at the bottom.
- Stir to make sure they brown well on all sides.
- Mix the vinegar, chilly powder and cumin powder. Set it aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked half way through, toss in the chopped garlic, diced capsicum and the spice-vinegar mixture.
- Mix well. Sprinkle the mint leaves, salt and pepper and cover. Cook on a low heat till the potatoes are fork tender.
Serve as a side dish with rotis or paranthas.