We will need,
Herekai/Ridged gourd 1 lb
Green Chilies 2 -4( adjust according to taste)
Dry chillies 2 (adjust according to taste)
Tamarind extract 1 tsp
Jaggery 2 tsp (crushed)
Oil 2 tbsp
Curry leaves a handful
Hing a dash
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Coriander fresh a handful
- Clean the ridged gourd. Give it a rough chop and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Throw in the mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves. Once they stop crackling throw in the chilles. Cook for a brief minute.
- Throw in the ridged gourd and cook covered till the vegetable is tender. Set it aside to cool.
- Once it is cool, combine it with the rest of the ingredients in a blender and pulse till the mixture is smooth.
- Serve hot with a dollop of ghee and rice or Mudde.