We will need,
Tondekai/ Tendli 1 Lb
Green Chillies 4-5 slit
Coconut 2 tbsp grated
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds ¼ tsp
Jeera ¼ tsp
Urad Dal 1 tsp
Channa Dal 1 tsp
Curry leaves 8-10
Fresh Coriander a handful chopped
Turmeric a pinch
Hing a dash
Wash and pat dry the Tondekai. Remove the tops and tails and slit length wise into fours. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Throw in the Mustard seeds and jeera.
- Once they stop spluttering add the Urad and Channa dals. Stir for a minute till they are golden in colour.
- Toss in the green chillies and curry leaves. Once they stop spluttering add coconut stir the mixture.
- Now throw in the cut vegetable and toss them well. Cover and cook till tender but still has a crunch to it.
- Finish with coriander and salt.
Serve hot with rice and dal/ Huli of your choice