Hearty Janmastami wishes to all. Today is the commemoration of Lord Krishna's birthday. Very auspicious day. The day is generally marked by fasting and mid night prayers. This year I am not fasting. But yes tried to keep away from rice, onions and garlic. The obvious choice on such days will be something with Avalakki/beaten rice/ poha. So dished up some Gojjavallakki, Kashi Halwa, Shavige Uppittu and Kai halu. Honey will not be home for dinner. So it is just me and I am not complaning :)
All the recipes will follow shortly.
For now, dear Lakshmi has tagged me, so here it is.
1. What is your current obsession?
Research and food…Trying to combine both :)
2. What are you wearing today?
A cotton wrap skirt and a linen blouse
3. What’s for dinner?
It is Janmastami therefore Gojjavalakki and Kashi Halwa
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
5. What are you listening to right now?
Birds chirping out in the yard
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Lakshmi is a wonderful person. She encouraged me when I started my blog and of course her blog ‘taste of Mysore’ is like my go-to-recipe-reference!!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
J.P.Nagar, Bangalore!! I am pretty specific about J.P.Nagar
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Cotton sleeveless blouses, Jeans (for all season), cotton dresses.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Home, Maddur or Bangalore.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Sanskrit ..or may be Spanish
11. What’s your favourite quote?
Live and let live; If only we all appreciated the quote enough, the world would have been a better place today.
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
13. What is your favourite colour?
14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Black skirt (Lycra Spandex mix) and my Maroon top.. (That’s what Honey saw me in for the first time and here we are today )
15. What is your dream job?
Consultant Economist, researching on an array of problems ..
16. What’s your favourite magazine?
Economist, Reader’s Digest, Science Reporter, Kurukshetra and Yojana, Sudha (when available)
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
I did stash it away in my bank
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Faux Pas…. copycat clothes that’s ill fitting and those that makes absolutely no sense to wear just because some Celebrity or some fancy designer promoted the wear.. Unseasonal dresses…
19. Who are your style icons?
My sister, she carries off anything and everything with the grace of a real princess…
20. Describe your personal style.?
Comfortable and youngish
21. What are you going to do after this?
Continue reading ‘Satanic Verses’
22. What are your favourite movies?
Roman Holiday, Casablanca, Lamhe, Half Ticket, Beladingala Bale, Eradu Kanasu etc… mostly feel good comedies and oldies.
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
Neutrogena Mineral Sheer Powder Foundation, L’Oreal infallible eye liner and C O Bigelow lip gloss.
23. What inspires you?
Success, Talent and Achievement
24. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Accessories, scarves, chunky jewellery and little make-up
25. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Close my closet and tell myself thrice that I have all that I need in the world!! It works.
26. Coffee or tea?
Neither.. how about some frooti…
27. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Forage the fridge
28. What is the meaning of your name?
29. Which other blogs you love visiting?
All those that I follow
30. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Rasgulla, Kashi Halwa, Kaju Burfi, Holige, Chocolate, Indian-style ice cream….
31. Favorite Season ?
32) If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
Today is Janmastami, so it is going to be Phalahara or just some fruits, some sweets and may be Avalakki…
My addition to the list of questions is,
33) What is your favourite snack?
Passing it on to
Deesha of Vegetable platter,
Paru of Brindavan ..
Vanamala of Nalapak
Gayatri of Gayarti's adigemane
Archana of Archy's recipe book