Here is what we need,
Spinach 1/2 lb washed and chopped
Onion 1 medium diced
Tomato 1 medium diced
Ginger 1/2 tsp scant grated
Garlic 1/2 tsp scant granted
Chilli powder 1 tsp (adjust according to taste, Mine is not too hot this time around)
Garam Masala 1/4 tsp (more if it is ready made)
Panner 1/2 lb cubed and fried
Yogurt 1 cup (Use non-fat, low fat, anything of your choice)
Oil 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Throw in the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin stops spluttering, throw in the onions. Cook till translucent.
- Throw in the ginger and garlic puree. Toss the vegetables a few times till the raw garlic smell disappears.
- Throw in the chilli powder and the diced tomatoes . Cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the Spinach. Cook uncovered for all the liquid to evaporate.
- Now toss in the Panner. Mix gently, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes till the Panner is spongy and flavourful.
- Turn off the heat.
- Now beat the yogurt well. Stir in the yogurt into the spinach- Panner mixture. Adjust salt.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Pulkas or a choice of bread.