You will need,
Sprouted Moth/ Madike Kal 1/5 cups
Khara Masale 1 tbsp
Onion medium 1 chopped
Coconut powder (coconut paste) 3 tbsp
Green chillies 2-3
Garlic 2 cloves
Curry leaves 5-6
Oil 2 tsp
Hing a dash
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Jeera 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander a handful
Salt to taste
Lime juice to taste
- Heat oil. Throw in the mustard seeds, Jeera, Hing and curry leaves.
- Once the spluttering stops, toss in the chopped onions, grated garlic and chillies.
- Cook till the onions are soft.
- Now throw in the moth dal. Add the khara masale, coconut and about half a cup of water.
- Cover and cook till the moth dal is tender but still firm. (al dente!)
- Adjust salt and sqeeze some lime juice, finish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with hot Jowar rottis!