You will need
Whole wheat flour 1/5 cups
Fresh Methi leaves chopped 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Chilly powder 1 tsp
Dhania Powder 1.5 tsp
Garlic grated 2 cloves (optional)
Fresh Coriander chopped 1/2 cup
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Sesame Seeds 2 tsp
Oil 3 tbsp + for pan frying.
Sour yogurt 1/4 cup
- In a wide mouthed bowl, mix in the flour, methi, chilly powder, dhania powder, salt, turmeric, coriander, garlic,sesame seeds. Check for salt and chilly powder. Adjust according to taste.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in the oil and the curd. Gently stirring into the flour. Add water as required to kneed the mixture into a soft dough. Cover the dough with a moist paper towel/ cloth and rest it for at least an hour.
- After the dough has sufficiently rested, pinch lime sized balls of dough.
- Heat a griddle; Roll out the dough balls into rotis about 5-6" in diameter.
- Cook the rotis on the hot griddle on both sides brushing it with oil (if required)
- Serve hot/room teperature with Yogurt and pickles. We also had these gujarati Moong Papads, which were out of the world. I have to take the recipe from R! Teplas also store well in a clean air tight box. Good travel solution as well!