We were thinking of having our lunch at the Indian restaurant on Christmas day but that was not to be the case. Our beloved restaurant was also closed. So I had to dish up some thing very very fast. So did I!!
Here is one side dish that we had that day. We fast, very easy and very tasty as well. I am planning to make it regularly hence forth.
You will need,
Brussels Sprouts 10 cut into halves
Extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
Chilly Flakes a generous pinch
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet.
- When the oil is warm, lay the halved Brussels sprouts cut side down in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt and let it caramelize, that is about 8-10 minutes.
- Once it starts to turn brown, flip over, sprinkle the chilly flakes and again cook for a few minutes.
- The ones I used were very tender and were actually cooked with in 15-17 minutes. So keep a close eye on these. They are done in a zippy.